List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Adarsh Sharma Date:November 15 2011 10:39am
Subject:Re: Select data from large tables
View as plain text
More than 20163845 rows are there and my application continuously insert
data in the table.
daily i think there is a increase in 2.5 Gb in that table.

Thanks

Chris Tate-Davies wrote:
> How many rows is that???
>

> On Tue, 2011-11-15 at 16:05 +0530, Adarsh Sharma wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I have a doubt regarding fetching data from large tables.
>> I need to fetch selected columns from a 90Gb Table & 5Gb index on it.
>>
>> CREATE TABLE `content_table` (
>>   `c_id` bigint(20) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
>>   `link_level` tinyint(4) DEFAULT NULL,
>>   `u_id` bigint(20) NOT NULL,
>>   `heading` varchar(150) DEFAULT NULL,
>>   `category` varchar(150) DEFAULT NULL,
>>   `c_url` varchar(500) NOT NULL,
>>   `keywords` varchar(500) DEFAULT NULL,
>>   `dt_stamp` timestamp NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
>>   `content` mediumtext,
>>   PRIMARY KEY (`c_id`),
>>   KEY `idx_url` (`c_url`),
>>   KEY `idx_head` (`heading`),
>>   KEY `idx_dtstamp` (`dt_stamp`)
>> ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1
>>
>> Now I need to select distict category from content_table of size 90Gb.
>>
>> Simple select command can take days to complete & I donot think creating
>> index on that column is a good idea.
>> Please let me know any ideas to do that.
>>
>> Thanks

Thread
Select data from large tablesAdarsh Sharma15 Nov
Re: Select data from large tablesAdarsh Sharma15 Nov
  • Re: Select data from large tablesJohan De Meersman15 Nov