List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Dykman Date:November 14 2011 6:12pm
Subject:Re: Cleaning up old files
View as plain text
Those are your binary logs.  They store the data stream to be consumed
by your slaves.
.http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/binary-log.html

Are you using replication?  If so, you need to go to each of your
slaves and run the command 'SHOW MASTER STATUS;'. That will tell you
which files are currently being consumed by your slaves. Anything
older than the oldest one can be safely deleted.  (the older ones are
those with the lowest numbers embedded in the filename.

If you are not using replication,  erase them all.  You might also
want to turn of 'log-bin' in your configs.

 - michael dykman

--
 - michael dykman
 - mdykman@stripped

 May the Source be with you.
Thread
Cleaning up old filesRob Tanner14 Nov
  • Re: Cleaning up old filesReindl Harald14 Nov
  • Re: Cleaning up old filesMichael Dykman14 Nov
  • Re: Cleaning up old filesBasil Daoust14 Nov
    • Re: Cleaning up old filesAndrew Moore14 Nov
  • Re: Cleaning up old fileshsv15 Nov
Re: Cleaning up old fileshsv15 Nov