List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rob Tanner Date:November 14 2011 6:01pm
Subject:Cleaning up old files
View as plain text
Hi,

In my MySQL directory, I have more than a few gig and a half sized files,
mysql-bin.000001, mysql-bin.000001 and et cetera.  They date from today all the way back
to early 2010.  I don't know exactly what those files are but I would like to delete as
many as are no longer is use since I had a 40GB partition fill up over the weekend which
resulted in bringing down our web server.  So what are those files and can I delete all
but the most recent?

Thanks.

Rob Tanner
UNIX Services Manager
Linfield College, McMinnville Oregon

Thread
Cleaning up old filesRob Tanner14 Nov
  • Re: Cleaning up old filesReindl Harald14 Nov
  • Re: Cleaning up old filesMichael Dykman14 Nov
  • Re: Cleaning up old filesBasil Daoust14 Nov
    • Re: Cleaning up old filesAndrew Moore14 Nov
  • Re: Cleaning up old fileshsv15 Nov
Re: Cleaning up old fileshsv15 Nov