List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:November 10 2011 8:33am
Subject:Re: Restore data from MySQL data files
View as plain text
Hah. I suspect the machine was running when it crashed - that is, the mysql was shut down
uncleanly?

You can safely ignore the mysql.plugin bit for the moment - that's for when it's booted
properly. It looks like the newer InnoDB has trouble reading your ibdata file. Possible
causes:
 * Are all the files in the right place as referenced by your my.cnf ?
 * Does the user the daemon run as have proper permissions to access the files? If in
doubt, set the files to read/write for everyone.
 * Possible physical file corruption - did your old server die from a bad disk?

It's also possible that the newer InnoDB recovery code is unable to properly handle the
older file format. I strongly suggest to figure out what the old version was and set that
up to attempt recovery, and only upgrade based off cleanly closed datafiles, with
innodb_fast_shutdown set to 0 - see
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/innodb-parameters.html#sysvar_innodb_fast_shutdown
for info on that.

--