List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Yves Goergen Date:November 9 2011 8:46pm
Subject:Restore data from MySQL data files
View as plain text
Hi,

Recently a home server has crashed and would not boot anymore into
Windows. We decided to replace it altogether and I managed to repair the
file system more or less so that I could copy some directories from the
broken disk. One of them is the MySQL data directory of that XAMPP
installation.

I have now set up a new computer and tried to use the old data files but
the MySQL service doesn't start.

The old machine was an unknown MySQL version on Windows XP, the new is
running MySQL 5.5.16 on Windows 7 (32 bit).

The error log is attached to this mail. It all sounds like real bugs in
MySQL, at least it's standing in the file.

I already ran mysql_upgrade.exe but it didn't change anything.

What can I do now to restore that data?

--
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel" <nospam.list@stripped>

Restore data from MySQL data filesYves Goergen9 Nov
  • Re: Restore data from MySQL data filesReindl Harald9 Nov
    • Re: Restore data from MySQL data filesYves Goergen9 Nov
      • Re: Restore data from MySQL data filesJohan De Meersman10 Nov
        • Re: Restore data from MySQL data filesYves Goergen26 Nov