List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:November 6 2011 10:35am
Subject:Re: InnoDB “log sequence in the future!”
crashing, won't start
View as plain text

Am 06.11.2011 06:05, schrieb Kevin Wang:
> I stopped mysql only to find that it wouldn't come back up, /etc/init.d/mysql
> start only outputs . . . . . . failed. I've narrowed it down to an issue
> with InnoDB. The database starts when innodb_force_recovery = 5 and nothing
> lower. When I "check table" for my MyISAM tables, they check fine, but the
> connection is dropped when I attempt to do so for my InnoDB tables with
> force_recovery set. mysql.err and mysql.log are empty.  Here are the
> relevant logs from syslog when I attempt to start with
> innodb_force_recovery set to zero: http://pastebin.com/jzhEuWFu
>
> and here's my my.cnf file: http://pastebin.com/qn6huZ09

why do you care about starting mysql as long the systme is whining
the whole time over a dying harddisk?

What did you think "Unrecovered read error" and "Medium error"
try to tell you? this are kernel messages saying: hopefully you
have a backup and if not now is learning lesson for the future

InnoDB “log sequence in the future!” crashing, won't startKevin Wang6 Nov
  • Re: InnoDB “log sequence in the future!” crashing, won't startReindl Harald6 Nov
    • Re: InnoDB “log sequence in the future!” crashing, won't startKaren Abgarian7 Nov