List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kevin Wang Date:November 6 2011 5:05am
Subject:InnoDB “log sequence in the future!” crashing, w
on't start
View as plain text
I stopped mysql only to find that it wouldn't come back up, /etc/init.d/mysql
start only outputs . . . . . . failed. I've narrowed it down to an issue
with InnoDB. The database starts when innodb_force_recovery = 5 and nothing
lower. When I "check table" for my MyISAM tables, they check fine, but the
connection is dropped when I attempt to do so for my InnoDB tables with
force_recovery set. mysql.err and mysql.log are empty.  Here are the
relevant logs from syslog when I attempt to start with
innodb_force_recovery set to zero: http://pastebin.com/jzhEuWFu

and here's my my.cnf file: http://pastebin.com/qn6huZ09

Does anyone have any idea what could be going wrong?  I have a hunch it has
to do with the system datetime, but changing it to different timezones
didn't seem to help either.  If it matters, I'm running Debian Squeeze.

I'd be grateful for any advice that you could give.

Thanks,

--Kevin

Thread
InnoDB “log sequence in the future!” crashing, won't startKevin Wang6 Nov
  • Re: InnoDB “log sequence in the future!” crashing, won't startReindl Harald6 Nov
    • Re: InnoDB “log sequence in the future!” crashing, won't startKaren Abgarian7 Nov