List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Govinda Date:November 6 2011 1:00am
Subject:Re: New-be: problem installing on Mac SO10.6
View as plain text
> ...as Brandon said..  from terminal you have to type something to get into mysql, and
> if you are like me, then that is:
>
> /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql

Oh, I forgot to add - but you might need to be super user first.

su
(input pass..)

> -Govinda
>
>> I installed Mysql using the .dmg package.  I can use System Preferences to start
> and stop the program.  When I open a terminal window, I think this is the way to us the
> program, any Mysql command I inter is not recognized.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Roger

Thread
New-be: problem installing on Mac SO10.6Roger CPL5 Nov
  • Re: New-be: problem installing on Mac SO10.6Brandon Phelps6 Nov
  • Re: New-be: problem installing on Mac SO10.6Govinda6 Nov
    • Re: New-be: problem installing on Mac SO10.6Govinda6 Nov
      • Re: New-be: problem installing on Mac SO10.6Reindl Harald6 Nov