List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brandon Phelps Date:November 5 2011 11:04pm
Subject:Re: New-be: problem installing on Mac SO10.6
View as plain text
On 11/5/2011 12:32 PM, Roger CPL wrote:
> I installed Mysql using the .dmg package.  I can use System Preferences to start and
> stop the program.  When I open a terminal window, I think this is the way to us the
> program, any Mysql command I inter is not recognized.
>
> Thanks
> Roger

You will need to first start the mysql CLI (command line interface)
using the "mysql" command.  You will likely need to supply correct
credentials as well, try "mysql --help" for details.

In short, you cannot simply enter SQL commands from a shell and expect
them to work.

-Brandon
Thread
New-be: problem installing on Mac SO10.6Roger CPL5 Nov
  • Re: New-be: problem installing on Mac SO10.6Brandon Phelps6 Nov
  • Re: New-be: problem installing on Mac SO10.6Govinda6 Nov
    • Re: New-be: problem installing on Mac SO10.6Govinda6 Nov
      • Re: New-be: problem installing on Mac SO10.6Reindl Harald6 Nov