List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:November 4 2011 9:10am
Subject:Re: Deleting Records in Big tables
View as plain text

Am 04.11.2011 08:22, schrieb Adarsh Sharma:
> delete from metadata where id>2474;
> but it takes hours to complete.
>
> CREATE TABLE `metadata` (
>  `meta_id` bigint(20) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
>  `id` bigint(20) DEFAULT NULL,
>  `url` varchar(800) DEFAULT NULL,
>  `meta_field` varchar(200) DEFAULT NULL,
>  `meta_value` varchar(2000) DEFAULT NULL,
>  `dt_stamp` timestamp NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
>  PRIMARY KEY (`meta_id`)
> ) ENGINE=InnoDB AUTO_INCREMENT=388780373 ;
>
> Please let me know any quickest way to do this.
> I tried to create indexes in these tables on id, but this too takes time

well i guess you have to sit out add the key
wrong table design having an id-column without a key or
something weird in the application not using the primary
key for such operations

Deleting Records in Big tablesAdarsh Sharma4 Nov
  • Re: Deleting Records in Big tablesAnanda Kumar4 Nov
    • Re: Deleting Records in Big tablesAdarsh Sharma4 Nov
      • Re: Deleting Records in Big tablesAndy Wallace4 Nov
        • Re: Deleting Records in Big tablesDerek Downey4 Nov
          • Re: Deleting Records in Big tablesAndy Wallace4 Nov
  • Re: Deleting Records in Big tablesReindl Harald4 Nov
    • Re: Deleting Records in Big tablesAnanda Kumar4 Nov
      • Re: Deleting Records in Big tablesReindl Harald4 Nov
    • Re: Deleting Records in Big tablesJohan De Meersman4 Nov
  • Re: Deleting Records in Big tablesmos9 Nov
    • Re: Deleting Records in Big tablesJohan De Meersman10 Nov