List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Claudio Nanni Date:November 4 2011 4:51am
Subject:Re: setting max_allowed_packet dynamically problem
View as plain text
http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/articles/mysql_intro.html#SECTION0001500000
On Nov 4, 2011 5:41 AM, "Satendra" <stdranwl@stripped> wrote:

> Hi there,
> Could anybody suggest me to understand on which conf file (my.cnf) my
> server is readiing. how could I find that?
>
> On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 2:28 AM, Claudio Nanni <claudio.nanni@stripped>wrote:
>
>> All the previous hints are correct.
>>
>> I would also add:  the arithmetic is only good for command line settings,
>> something like:
>>
>> max_allowed_packet = 16*1024*1024
>> is not valid in the my.cnf
>>
>> max_allowed_packet = 16M
>> is the way to go in the my.cnf
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Claudio
>>
>> 2011/11/3 Michael Dykman <mdykman@stripped>
>>
>> > If you changed the value in the .cnf and restarting the server did not
>> pick
>> > up he change, I would hazard a guess that the .cnf file you edited is
>> not
>> > the one your server is reading.
>> >
>> > Check your paths and make sure you are editing the correct file.  MySL
>> > never rewrites it's own config files to reflect manually changed values.

>> and
>> the

>> > --
>> >  - michael dykman
>> >  - mdykman@stripped
>> >
>> >  May the Source be with you.
>> >

>> --
>> Claudio

Thread
setting max_allowed_packet dynamically problemList Man3 Nov
  • Re: setting max_allowed_packet dynamically problemDan Nelson3 Nov
    • Re: setting max_allowed_packet dynamically problemList Man3 Nov
  • Re: setting max_allowed_packet dynamically problemMichael Dykman3 Nov
    • Re: setting max_allowed_packet dynamically problemClaudio Nanni3 Nov
      • Re: setting max_allowed_packet dynamically problemSatendra4 Nov
        • Re: setting max_allowed_packet dynamically problem王科选4 Nov
        • Re: setting max_allowed_packet dynamically problemClaudio Nanni4 Nov