List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:王科选 Date:November 4 2011 4:49am
Subject:Re: setting max_allowed_packet dynamically problem
View as plain text
You can find which my.cnf your server is reading by using :
mysql --help
which displays something like this:

Default options are read from the following files in the given order:
C:\Windows\my.ini C:\Windows\my.cnf C:\my.ini C:\my.cnf D:\Program
Files\MySQL\M
ySQL Server 5.5\my.ini D:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.5\my.cnf
The following groups are read: mysql client

On 11/4/2011 12:41 PM, Satendra wrote:
> Hi there,
> Could anybody suggest me to understand on which conf file (my.cnf) my
> server is readiing. how could I find that?
>
> On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 2:28 AM, Claudio Nanni<claudio.nanni@stripped>wrote:
>
>> All the previous hints are correct.
>>
>> I would also add:  the arithmetic is only good for command line settings,
>> something like:
>>
>> max_allowed_packet = 16*1024*1024
>> is not valid in the my.cnf
>>
>> max_allowed_packet = 16M
>> is the way to go in the my.cnf
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Claudio
>>
>> 2011/11/3 Michael Dykman<mdykman@stripped>
>>
>>> If you changed the value in the .cnf and restarting the server did not
>> pick
>>> up he change, I would hazard a guess that the .cnf file you edited is not
>>> the one your server is reading.
>>>
>>> Check your paths and make sure you are editing the correct file.  MySL
>>> never rewrites it's own config files to reflect manually changed values.

>> and
>> the

>>> --
>>>   - michael dykman
>>>   - mdykman@stripped
>>>
>>>   May the Source be with you.
>>>

>> --
>> Claudio

Thread
setting max_allowed_packet dynamically problemList Man3 Nov
  • Re: setting max_allowed_packet dynamically problemDan Nelson3 Nov
    • Re: setting max_allowed_packet dynamically problemList Man3 Nov
  • Re: setting max_allowed_packet dynamically problemMichael Dykman3 Nov
    • Re: setting max_allowed_packet dynamically problemClaudio Nanni3 Nov
      • Re: setting max_allowed_packet dynamically problemSatendra4 Nov
        • Re: setting max_allowed_packet dynamically problem王科选4 Nov
        • Re: setting max_allowed_packet dynamically problemClaudio Nanni4 Nov