List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Satendra Date:November 4 2011 4:41am
Subject:Re: setting max_allowed_packet dynamically problem
View as plain text
Hi there,
Could anybody suggest me to understand on which conf file (my.cnf) my
server is readiing. how could I find that?

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 2:28 AM, Claudio Nanni <claudio.nanni@stripped>wrote:

> All the previous hints are correct.
>
> I would also add:  the arithmetic is only good for command line settings,
> something like:
>
> max_allowed_packet = 16*1024*1024
> is not valid in the my.cnf
>
> max_allowed_packet = 16M
> is the way to go in the my.cnf
>
> Cheers
>
> Claudio
>
> 2011/11/3 Michael Dykman <mdykman@stripped>
>
> > If you changed the value in the .cnf and restarting the server did not
> pick
> > up he change, I would hazard a guess that the .cnf file you edited is not
> > the one your server is reading.
> >
> > Check your paths and make sure you are editing the correct file.  MySL
> > never rewrites it's own config files to reflect manually changed values.
> >
> > On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 4:37 PM, List Man <list.man@stripped>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I am running Server version: 5.1.45-log MySQL Community Server (GPL)
> and
> > > attempted to change max packet with the following:  SET GLOBAL
> > > max_allowed_packet=16*1024*1024; but it did not work properly.  The
> > > configuration did not change by using the show variables command.  I
> > > changed the configuration file (my.cnf) and restarted the server and
> the
> > > variable stayed the same.  Does anyone have any ideas?
> > >
> > > LS
> > >

> > --
> >  - michael dykman
> >  - mdykman@stripped
> >
> >  May the Source be with you.
> >

> --
> Claudio

Thread
setting max_allowed_packet dynamically problemList Man3 Nov
  • Re: setting max_allowed_packet dynamically problemDan Nelson3 Nov
    • Re: setting max_allowed_packet dynamically problemList Man3 Nov
  • Re: setting max_allowed_packet dynamically problemMichael Dykman3 Nov
    • Re: setting max_allowed_packet dynamically problemClaudio Nanni3 Nov
      • Re: setting max_allowed_packet dynamically problemSatendra4 Nov
        • Re: setting max_allowed_packet dynamically problem王科选4 Nov
        • Re: setting max_allowed_packet dynamically problemClaudio Nanni4 Nov