List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:November 3 2011 10:23am
Subject:Re: Removing Double Quotes
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Adarsh Sharma" <adarsh.sharma@stripped>
>
> I need to remove the quotes in text columns in a mysql table. It has

You could go with regexes - s/^"(.*)"$/&1/ should do (in whatever syntax is
appropriate for the parser you're using); or you could go with something similar to

  update table foo set bar = substring(bar, 2, length(bar)-2) where bar like '"%"';

I'm too lazy to look up the exact syntaxes, but this is pretty straightforward stuff.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn