List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:November 1 2011 3:00pm
Subject:Re: Reusing "ibdata1" space
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Kay Rozeboom [DAS]" <KAY.ROZEBOOM@stripped>
> I realize that this would not return the unused space to the
> operating system.  But would it return it to MySQL so that it could
> be re-used for subsequent inserts, instead of extending "ibdata1"
> further?

That should normally already happen. An occasional optimize table might help defragment
the tablespace, but space from properly deleted records should be reused anyway (save for
really small fragments).

I recommend you keep track of the innodb free tablespace for a while, and see how that
evolves - it should go relatively low before the tablespace expands on disk.

Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn
Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel
Reusing "ibdata1" spaceKay [DAS] Rozeboom1 Nov
  • Re: Reusing "ibdata1" spaceReindl Harald1 Nov
    • Re: Reusing "ibdata1" spaceNick Khamis9 Nov
      • Re: Reusing "ibdata1" spaceJohan De Meersman10 Nov
        • Re: Reusing "ibdata1" spacePrabhat Kumar10 Nov
          • Re: Reusing "ibdata1" spaceJohan De Meersman10 Nov
    • Re: Reusing "ibdata1" spaceNick Khamis9 Nov
  • Re: Reusing "ibdata1" spaceClaudio Nanni1 Nov
  • Re: Reusing "ibdata1" spaceJohan De Meersman1 Nov
    • RE: Reusing "ibdata1" spaceKay [DAS] Rozeboom22 Nov