List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Luis Motta Campos Date:October 31 2011 5:32pm
Subject:Re: importing mysql structures only or restore ignoring non-existing tables and columns?
View as plain text
On 29 Oct 2011, at 22:59, luci spam wrote:

> I have 2 servers (1 for development, 1 for service)
>
> I keep ADD/DELETE columns and CREATE/DELETE Indexes on my development
> server, so these 2 server have similar but different mysql data structures.
>
> I know there's an option to expert structures only. (like –no-data)
>
> Is there a way (except 3rd party software like mysqldiff.org) to import
> structure only to an existing data?

> Alternativley, is there a way to import only data ignoring non-existing
> tables and colums? (I thought this may do the trick if I back-up data ->
> import structure -> restore the data.)

You can use SELECT...INTO DUMPFILE and LOAD DATA INFILE... to achieve what I believe
you're asking here, save the eventual misunderstanding. ;-)

Cheers
--
Luis Motta Campos
is a DBA, Foodie, and Photographer

Thread
importing mysql structures only or restore ignoring non-existingtables and columns?luci spam29 Oct
  • Re: importing mysql structures only or restore ignoring non-existing tables and columns?Luis Motta Campos31 Oct