List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrew Moore Date:October 31 2011 9:47am
Subject:Re: add index to slave but not master
View as plain text
Functionally not a problem. Many people use a slave for different work
loads then their master. Different indexes for different queries make
sense. Be aware that should you intend to make backups off the slave or
even leave yourself open to promoting slave to master as a HA strategy then
things will differ from the original master and you might notice a
performance difference as a result.

Hth

Andrew