List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:(Hal Date:October 29 2011 8:12pm
Subject:string comparison for timestamp!
View as plain text
I was using this query and getting queer results:

	SELECT MemberID, Surname, Houshold, Houmuch, CASE WHEN Houmuch < (SELECT sharePrice
FROM Stock) THEN ADDDATE(ereStart, (Houmuch * (SELECT hwyl FROM Stock)) / (SELECT
regularPayment FROM Stock)) ELSE TIMESTAMPADD(YEAR, 2, CURDATE()) END AS goodThrough, ...
	FROM EachName NATURAL JOIN (SELECT MemberID, SUM(Amount) AS Houmuch
	FROM GiftandShare
	WHERE Why = 2 AND Date <= '2011/11/13'
	GROUP BY MemberID) AS Paid NATURAL JOIN Address
	HAVING goodThrough >= '2011/11/13'
	ORDER BY Surname

I looked at the date-comparisons and wondered how they were done: when I changed the
slashes to hyphens it properly worked!

I think it would be better if MySQL had real timestamp-constants--and then the separator
would matter: colon (and semicolon?) for the sexagesimal part and anything else for the
day part.

Thread
string comparison for timestamp!hsv30 Oct