List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:jiangwen jiang Date:October 28 2011 8:53am
Subject:Re: how to understand seconds_behind_master
View as plain text
someone say:

seconds_behinds_master = time in I/O thread - time in SQL thread
time in I/O thread is current timestamp,
time in SQL thread is the timestamp record in binlog, this binlog is
originates from
master, so it is the timestamp when binlog is generated in master.

Is this correct?

2011/10/28 jiangwen jiang <jiangwen127@stripped>

> Hi, all:
>
> I am confusing with seconds_behind_master, in mysql manual, it says:
> In essence, this field measures the time difference in seconds between the
> slave SQL thread and the slave I/O thread.
>
> how to understand this description:
> 1. seconds_behinds_master = ts in SQL thread - ts in I/O thread, or
>     seconds_behinds_mater = ts in I/O thread - ts in SQL thead
> 2. how to get the timestamp in SQL and I/O thread, when this time will
> update?
>
> Thanks
> W.J

Thread
how to understand seconds_behind_masterjiangwen jiang28 Oct
  • Re: how to understand seconds_behind_master王科选28 Oct
    • Re: how to understand seconds_behind_masterLuis Motta Campos28 Oct
  • Re: how to understand seconds_behind_masterjiangwen jiang28 Oct