List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:October 24 2011 7:11pm
Subject:Re: large temp files created by mysql
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Joey L" <mjh2000@stripped>
>
> I know why the files are being created - but is there anything i can
> do on the server to accomodate for large file operations ?

*We* don't, however :-) If you'd care to enlighten us as to the particular job and why
[you believe that] the tempfile creation is unavoidable, we might be able to offer
something more.

> max_heap_table_size             = 256M
> tmp_table_size                  = 256M

Maybe. Those would help as long as your intermediate resultset is lower than what you can
allocate to them, but you're talking 22G in the machine and 30G of data. You also need to
realize that those are going to be allocated per-connection (albeit not necessarily at
full size), so that can be a potential disaster.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn
        • Re: large temp files created by mysqlJoey L24 Oct
          • Re: large temp files created by mysqlReindl Harald24 Oct
        • Re: large temp files created by mysqlReindl Harald24 Oct
          • Re: large temp files created by mysqlmos24 Oct
            • Re: large temp files created by mysqlReindl Harald25 Oct
              • Re: large temp files created by mysqlmos25 Oct
                • Re: large temp files created by mysqlReindl Harald25 Oct
                  • Re: large temp files created by mysqlmos26 Oct
                    • Re: large temp files created by mysqlReindl Harald26 Oct
Re: large temp files created by mysqlAntony T Curtis24 Oct
  • Re: large temp files created by mysqlJoey L24 Oct
    • Re: large temp files created by mysqlJohan De Meersman24 Oct
Re: large temp files created by mysqlJan Steinman31 Oct
  • Re: large temp files created by mysqlJan Steinman31 Oct
    • Re: large temp files created by mysqlLuis Daniel Lucio Quiroz24 May
      • RE: large temp files created by mysqlRick James24 May
        • RE: large temp files created by mysqlLuis Daniel Lucio Quiroz24 May