List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Antony T Curtis Date:January 1 1970 12:00am
Subject:Re: large temp files created by mysql
View as plain text
Something you're doing is creating a very large temporary table as
part of handling it's query. Usual culprit would be something doing a
full table join combined with an "order by" or "group by" which would
typically cause MySQL to need to create a temp table.

You should do EXPLAINs on your slow-running queries to find out which
ones are likely... If it is generating a 30gig file, I'd expect it
must be a very slow query.

Regards
Antony,

On 24 Oct 2011, at 08:03, Joey L wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 10:52 AM, Joey L <mjh2000@stripped> wrote:
>> I have a very large table - approx 3 or 4 gig in size.
>> When i initiate a process on my webpage - mysql starts to create a
>> temporary table in /tmp directory.
>> Is there a way i can create this file/table ahead of time so mysql
>> does not have to create it ?
>>
>> thanks
>> mjh
>>

> Sorry - it is 30 gig file .

large temp files created by mysqlJoey L24 Oct
  • Re: large temp files created by mysqlJoey L24 Oct
    • Re: large temp files created by mysqlReindl Harald24 Oct
      • Re: large temp files created by mysqlmos24 Oct
        • Re: large temp files created by mysqlJoey L24 Oct
          • Re: large temp files created by mysqlReindl Harald24 Oct
        • Re: large temp files created by mysqlReindl Harald24 Oct
          • Re: large temp files created by mysqlmos24 Oct
            • Re: large temp files created by mysqlReindl Harald25 Oct
              • Re: large temp files created by mysqlmos25 Oct
                • Re: large temp files created by mysqlReindl Harald25 Oct
                  • Re: large temp files created by mysqlmos26 Oct
                    • Re: large temp files created by mysqlReindl Harald26 Oct
Re: large temp files created by mysqlAntony T Curtis24 Oct
  • Re: large temp files created by mysqlJoey L24 Oct
    • Re: large temp files created by mysqlJohan De Meersman24 Oct
Re: large temp files created by mysqlJan Steinman31 Oct
  • Re: large temp files created by mysqlJan Steinman31 Oct
    • Re: large temp files created by mysqlLuis Daniel Lucio Quiroz24 May
      • RE: large temp files created by mysqlRick James24 May
        • RE: large temp files created by mysqlLuis Daniel Lucio Quiroz24 May