List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:October 20 2011 1:43pm
Subject:Re: Maximum line length or statement length for mysqldump
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Alex Schaft" <alexs@stripped>
>
> I realize that, I'm just trying to stop the phone calls saying "I
> started a restore, and my pc just froze...."
>
> I might just read all the single insert lines, and get a whole lot of
> values clauses together before passing it on to get around the
> performance issue while having some idea of progress.

Wouldn't it be better to educate your users, then? :-) Much less trouble for you.

Either that, or just do the windows thing: print a progress bar that goes to 95% in ten
seconds, then run the entire restore and then progress the remaining 5% :-p

You could probably write a sed script that intersperses the INSERT INTO lines with some
form of progress printing. I remain convinced that users simply need to learn patience,
though.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn
    • Re: Maximum line length or statement length for mysqldumpAlex Schaft20 Oct
      • Re: Maximum line length or statement length for mysqldumpJohan De Meersman20 Oct
        • Re: Maximum line length or statement length for mysqldumpJohnny Withers20 Oct
        • Re: Maximum line length or statement length for mysqldumpAlex Schaft21 Oct
          • Re: Maximum line length or statement length for mysqldumpJohan De Meersman21 Oct
            • Re: Maximum line length or statement length for mysqldumpAlex Schaft22 Oct