List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alex Schaft Date:October 20 2011 8:53am
Subject:Maximum line length or statement length for mysqldump
View as plain text
Hi,

I'm monitoring a mysqldump via stdout, catching the create table
commands prior to flushing them to my own text file. Then on the restore
side, I'm trying to feed these to mysql via the c api so I can monitor
progress (no of lines in the dump file vs no of lines sent to mysql),
but the lines are as much as 16k long in the text file times about 110
of those for one huge insert statement.

What can I pass to mysqldump to get more sane statement lengths?

Alex

Thread
Maximum line length or statement length for mysqldumpAlex Schaft20 Oct
  • Re: Maximum line length or statement length for mysqldumpAlex Schaft20 Oct
  • Re: Maximum line length or statement length for mysqldumpJohan De Meersman20 Oct
    • Re: Maximum line length or statement length for mysqldumpAlex Schaft20 Oct
      • Re: Maximum line length or statement length for mysqldumpJohan De Meersman20 Oct
        • Re: Maximum line length or statement length for mysqldumpJohnny Withers20 Oct
        • Re: Maximum line length or statement length for mysqldumpAlex Schaft21 Oct
          • Re: Maximum line length or statement length for mysqldumpJohan De Meersman21 Oct
            • Re: Maximum line length or statement length for mysqldumpAlex Schaft22 Oct