List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dotan Cohen Date:October 20 2011 12:18am
Subject:Re: How to select the id of 2+ records for given user?
View as plain text
On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 00:11, Derek Downey <derek@stripped> wrote:
> Ah-hah! :)
>
> Actually, I did something similar to that a month or so ago. I ran into a speed
> limitation on a not-small database (~3mill rows). So be careful.
>
> Luckily in my case, I put all the 'minimum' ids in a memory table with an index and
> it solved it. It also was a cleanup script, and not something I need to run everyday.

Yes, this is also a cleanup script for a bunch of vBulletin private
messages that should not have been sent. Have you seen the vBulletin
database? Over 200 tables, no documentation!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com
Thread
How to select the id of 2+ records for given user?Dotan Cohen19 Oct
  • Re: How to select the id of 2+ records for given user?Michael Dykman19 Oct
    • Re: How to select the id of 2+ records for given user?Derek Downey19 Oct
      • Re: How to select the id of 2+ records for given user?Basil Daoust20 Oct
        • Re: How to select the id of 2+ records for given user?Derek Downey20 Oct
          • Re: How to select the id of 2+ records for given user?Dotan Cohen20 Oct
        • Re: How to select the id of 2+ records for given user?Dotan Cohen20 Oct
        • Re: How to select the id of 2+ records for given user?hsv20 Oct
          • Re: How to select the id of 2+ records for given user?Dotan Cohen21 Oct