List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Giragosian Date:October 19 2011 5:39pm
Subject:Re: credit where due
View as plain text
On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 12:29 PM, Michael Dykman <mdykman@stripped> wrote:

> While we have him online, I think we could all take a moment and be
> grateful
> for the contributions of Shawn Green.
>
> When I see the Oracle-bashing on this list, I am often reminded that we
> still have a hard-core MySQL developer who has survived the ride to Sun and
> again to Oracle who is still providing us with timely expert advice.
>
> Please, all of you, think twice before cutting up Oracle for their lack of
> MySQL support.  Shawn has been plying this list forever doling out sound
> advice and I have never heard him complain as we as we indirectly besmirch
> him over and and over.
>
> Thank you Shawn.
>
> --
>  - michael dykman
>  - mdykman@stripped
>
>  May the Source be with you.

I wholeheartedly agree with Michael about Shawn's contributions to this
list, and I have not been bashful about saying so publicly and privately.

David

Thread
credit where dueMichael Dykman19 Oct
  • Re: credit where dueDavid Giragosian19 Oct
    • Re: credit where dueNick Khamis19 Oct
  • Re: credit where dueMySQL)19 Oct
    • Re: credit where dueSabika M20 Oct