List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:October 19 2011 4:05pm
Subject:Re: mysql server does not recognize user password
View as plain text

Am 19.10.2011 17:45, schrieb Tim Johnson:
> * Reindl Harald <h.reindl@stripped> [111018 23:24]:
>>>  Same error:
>>>  ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'tim'@'localhost' (using
> password: NO)
>>>  Doesn't even ask for the pwd..
>>
>> then your mysql CLIENT is broken or somehow misconfigured or "overwritten" with a
> dumb alias
>> what says "which mysql"?
>   <blush> you nailed it! Thank you.
>
>   mysql $1 $2 ## where is $3?
>
>   I've been trying to think of a way of covering up this dumb
>   mistake, but I'm just going to come out and say it.
>   I'd set up this quick and dirty script (because at the time,
>   being new to the OS, couldn't figure out how to do a proper alias
>   or symlink)
>   and forgot about it....

~/.bashrc

[root@buildserver:~]$ which mysql
alias mysql='/usr/bin/mysql -p'
        /usr/bin/mysql

mysql server does not recognize user passwordTim Johnson19 Oct
  • RE: mysql server does not recognize user passwordMark19 Oct
    • Re: mysql server does not recognize user passwordTim Johnson19 Oct
  • Re: mysql server does not recognize user passwordReindl Harald19 Oct
    • Re: mysql server does not recognize user passwordTim Johnson19 Oct
      • Re: mysql server does not recognize user passwordClaudio Nanni19 Oct
        • Re: mysql server does not recognize user passwordTim Johnson19 Oct
          • Re: mysql server does not recognize user passwordTim Johnson19 Oct
          • Re: mysql server does not recognize user passwordJohnny Withers19 Oct
            • Re: mysql server does not recognize user passwordJohan De Meersman19 Oct