List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tim Johnson Date:October 19 2011 3:45pm
Subject:Re: mysql server does not recognize user password
View as plain text
* Reindl Harald <h.reindl@stripped> [111018 23:24]:
> Am 19.10.2011 01:36, schrieb Tim Johnson:
> >> try "mysql -u tim -p"
> >  Same error:
> >  ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'tim'@'localhost' (using password:
> NO)
> >  Doesn't even ask for the pwd..
>
> then your mysql CLIENT is broken or somehow misconfigured or "overwritten" with a
> dumb alias
> what says "which mysql"?
  <blush> you nailed it! Thank you.

  mysql $1 $2 ## where is $3?

  I've been trying to think of a way of covering up this dumb
  mistake, but I'm just going to come out and say it.
  I'd set up this quick and dirty script (because at the time,
  being new to the OS, couldn't figure out how to do a proper alias
  or symlink)
  and forgot about it....
  duh!

  thanks again for all the help. I actually learned some new tricks
  from you folks!
  regards
--
Tim
http://www.akwebsoft.com
        • Re: mysql server does not recognize user passwordTim Johnson19 Oct
          • Re: mysql server does not recognize user passwordTim Johnson19 Oct
          • Re: mysql server does not recognize user passwordJohnny Withers19 Oct
            • Re: mysql server does not recognize user passwordJohan De Meersman19 Oct