List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tim Johnson Date:October 19 2011 1:38am
Subject:Re: mysql server does not recognize user password
View as plain text
* Claudio Nanni <claudio.nanni@stripped> [111018 17:02]:
> FLUSH PRIVILEGES is not needed when you use GRANT/REVOKE/CREATE USER
> etc....,
>
> Usually this problem comes when you have the anonymous user in the grant
> tables (''),
> MySQL has a tricky way of processing the grant tables.
>
> Sometimes you can be surprised by what you read issuing:
>
> SELECT USER(),CURRENT_USER();
linus:~ tim$ sudo mysql
Password:
mysql> SELECT USER(),CURRENT_USER();
+----------------+----------------+
| USER()         | CURRENT_USER() |
+----------------+----------------+
| root@localhost | root@localhost |
+----------------+----------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)
...hmm... on my linux box, where all works, I see
 'tim@localhost'
> try this:
>
> mysql -utim -psecret -h127.0.0.1 -P3306
linus:~ tim$ mysql -utim -p****** -h127.0.0.1 -P3306
  ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'tim'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Thanks.
--
Tim
http://www.akwebsoft.com
        • Re: mysql server does not recognize user passwordTim Johnson19 Oct
          • Re: mysql server does not recognize user passwordTim Johnson19 Oct
          • Re: mysql server does not recognize user passwordJohnny Withers19 Oct
            • Re: mysql server does not recognize user passwordJohan De Meersman19 Oct