List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ryan Mark Date:October 18 2011 11:43pm
Subject:Re: One database per server architecture
View as plain text
Thanks guys!

I figured there would be no clearcut answer. I was curious if there were any nuggets of
wisdom or rules of thumb I was overlooking.

We initially launched sharing db servers, but had performance trouble. We've since tracked
down problems in our app server config (WordPress does not like to share an app server)
and added memcache. So I think we're ripe for another try.

Thanks again,
Ryan