List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tim Johnson Date:October 18 2011 11:36pm
Subject:Re: mysql server does not recognize user password
View as plain text
* Reindl Harald <h.reindl@stripped> [111018 15:14]:

> Am 19.10.2011 01:03, schrieb Tim Johnson:
> > Now when I try to log in with host as localhost, user as tim
> > with 'secret' password:
> > linus:~ tim$ mysql --host=localhost --user=tim --password=secret
> > ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'tim'@'localhost' (using password:
> NO)
> > Huh!
>
> did you make "flush privileges"?
 Second time around, yes. Same problem
> you do not specify any password from the view of the server it seems ("using
> password: NO")
 I am using the same syntax I use on my current machine, but your
 observation appears correct, mysql is _not_ seeing my password.
> try "mysql -u tim -p"
 Same error:
 ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'tim'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
> and enter yur password in the followed dialog
 Doesn't even ask for the pwd..
> passwords in command-lines are really bad bacause they are in the processlist and
> history
  I'm not concerned. Am closed to the outside world - these are not servers.
> > If I login into the server as root again:
> > linus:~ tim$ sudo mysql
> > mysql> show grants for tim@localhost;
>
> root without a password?
> jokingly
 Yup. It's been years since I set up mysql. I know I've missed
 something, but don't know what.
 thank you
--
Tim
http://www.akwebsoft.com
        • Re: mysql server does not recognize user passwordTim Johnson19 Oct
          • Re: mysql server does not recognize user passwordTim Johnson19 Oct
          • Re: mysql server does not recognize user passwordJohnny Withers19 Oct
            • Re: mysql server does not recognize user passwordJohan De Meersman19 Oct