List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:October 18 2011 11:09pm
Subject:Re: mysql server does not recognize user password
View as plain text

Am 19.10.2011 01:03, schrieb Tim Johnson:
> Now when I try to log in with host as localhost, user as tim
> with 'secret' password:
> linus:~ tim$ mysql --host=localhost --user=tim --password=secret
> ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'tim'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
> Huh!

did you make "flush privileges"?
you do not specify any password from the view of the server it seems ("using password:
NO")

try "mysql -u tim -p"
and enter yur password in the followed dialog
passwords in command-lines are really bad bacause they are in the processlist and history

> If I login into the server as root again:
> linus:~ tim$ sudo mysql
> mysql> show grants for tim@localhost;

root without a password?
jokingly

mysql server does not recognize user passwordTim Johnson19 Oct
  • RE: mysql server does not recognize user passwordMark19 Oct
    • Re: mysql server does not recognize user passwordTim Johnson19 Oct
  • Re: mysql server does not recognize user passwordReindl Harald19 Oct
    • Re: mysql server does not recognize user passwordTim Johnson19 Oct
      • Re: mysql server does not recognize user passwordClaudio Nanni19 Oct
        • Re: mysql server does not recognize user passwordTim Johnson19 Oct
          • Re: mysql server does not recognize user passwordTim Johnson19 Oct
          • Re: mysql server does not recognize user passwordJohnny Withers19 Oct
            • Re: mysql server does not recognize user passwordJohan De Meersman19 Oct