List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ryan Mark Date:October 18 2011 9:18pm
Subject:One database per server architecture
View as plain text
Architecture question I'm having trouble finding an answer to:

I run four WordPress websites. I have mysql setup in a write master/read replica slave
configuration on Amazon. There is one master that all the WordPress instances write to.
I'm trying to figure out how to setup the read replicas.

Should I:

A. Give each WordPress instance it's own read replica?

or

B. Have all the WordPress instances use all the read replicas?

I have done A before, and it works fine. But by going with B I can consolidate, use
beefier hardware and save money.

Any thoughts?
Thread
One database per server architectureRyan Mark18 Oct
  • Re: One database per server architectureLydia Rowe19 Oct
    • Re: One database per server architectureRyan Mark19 Oct
      • Re: One database per server architectureJohan De Meersman19 Oct
        • Re: One database per server architectureWm Mussatto19 Oct
          • Re: One database per server architectureJohan De Meersman19 Oct