List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peng Yu Date:October 18 2011 4:35am
Subject:Synchronize two mysql servers (single user, only one server (but not
both) can be changed at any given time)
View as plain text
Hi,

There are some webpages on synchronizing two mysql server, some of
them are old and some of them are for situations that are not exactly
same as mine. So I ask how to syncrhonize two mysql servers again and
hope to get the best solution to my particular requirement.

Suppose I have two servers (one on mac and one on ubuntu), at any time
I only change one server but not both servers. After I have done
changes on A, I want to propagate the changes to B. After I have done
changes on B, I want to propagate the changes to A.

I think that probably it is OK to synchronize these two servers at the
database file level using something like unison. However, this will be
slow when the database file gets bigger. But I'm wondering what is the
best way to synchronize mysql databases in the scenario that I just
mentioned.

Peng
Thread
Synchronize two mysql servers (single user, only one server (but notboth) can be changed at any given time)Peng Yu18 Oct
  • Re: Synchronize two mysql servers (single user, only one server (but not both) can be changed at any given time)Johan De Meersman18 Oct
    • Re: Synchronize two mysql servers (single user, only one server (butnot both) can be changed at any given time)Andrew Moore18 Oct