List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:(Hal Date:October 12 2011 4:28am
Subject:Vista crashes
View as plain text
I find that, when under Vista the MySQL daemon has been shut down, by giving the command
start mysqld -b"%CD%"
in the root directory where MySQL 5.5.8 (the version running on this computer) has been
stored from an instance of command prompt with administrator authority issued by a user
that lacks it (like an ordinary user s doing bare "su" in Unix) I make Vista crash with
the blue-screen message "process or task critical to system operation has been terminated
or exited".

The "start" is needed, also the administrator authority and the user that ordinarily lacks
it.

Of course, there is a Vista-bug here, but, also, surely a MySQL-bug. Where is there a list
of known bugs?

Thread
Vista crasheshsv12 Oct
  • Re: Vista crashesReindl Harald12 Oct