List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brandon Phelps Date:October 11 2011 3:34pm
Subject:Re: Initial install instructions for mac lion/macports
View as plain text
Tim,

Just a reminder, as I am not sure if it is documented or not;  After you get MySQL up and
running via the DMG package be sure to install the System Preferences pane (it didn't use
to install by default, not sure if it does now) which should be one of the icons you get
when the DMG first opens, if I recall.  Once you get the system preferences pane installed
you can access it and enable the Startup option so that MySQL starts whenever the system
is booted.  I am not sure what your requirements are but without the previously mentioned
steps, if your machine loses power while you are away and is subsequently rebooted, you
will not be able to access the database until you manually start the service.

Hope this helps.

-Brandon

On 10/11/2011 11:29 AM, Tim Johnson wrote:
> * Tim Johnson<tim@stripped>  [111010 15:37]:
>> I familiar with mysql on linux, as of late - ubuntu.
>> I am installing mysql on a mac mini, with the Lion - osx 10.7
>> operating system.
>>
>> mysql-server was downloaded and built with macports.
>> Following instructions included has not resulted in a successful
>> startup.
>   :) Last night before turning in, I thought that maybe I should have
>   investigated the DMG option. It is clear from the respondents that
>   I should do this.
>   Thanks a lot. I will uninstall via macports and use the package as
>   recommended.
Thread
Initial install instructions for mac lion/macportsTim Johnson11 Oct
  • Re: Initial install instructions for mac lion/macportsBrandon Phelps11 Oct
    • Re: Initial install instructions for mac lion/macportsVladislav Geller11 Oct
      • Re: Initial install instructions for mac lion/macportsBrandon Phelps11 Oct
  • Re: Initial install instructions for mac lion/macportsTim Johnson11 Oct