List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brandon Phelps Date:October 11 2011 1:56pm
Subject:Re: Initial install instructions for mac lion/macports
View as plain text
Is there any reason why you are using ports and not the native 64-bit DMG from mysql.com?

http://www.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/#downloads

I run the latest version (5.5.15) on my macbook running lion and the install goes without
a hitch.

Brandon

On 10/10/2011 07:34 PM, Tim Johnson wrote:
> I familiar with mysql on linux, as of late - ubuntu.
> I am installing mysql on a mac mini, with the Lion - osx 10.7
> operating system.
>
> mysql-server was downloaded and built with macports.
> Following instructions included has not resulted in a successful
> startup.
> I have recorded error messages, but it may suffice if I were pointed
> to initial setup instructions for Mac Lion. So far, google has not
> edified me.
>
> TIA
Thread
Initial install instructions for mac lion/macportsTim Johnson11 Oct
  • Re: Initial install instructions for mac lion/macportsBrandon Phelps11 Oct
    • Re: Initial install instructions for mac lion/macportsVladislav Geller11 Oct
      • Re: Initial install instructions for mac lion/macportsBrandon Phelps11 Oct
  • Re: Initial install instructions for mac lion/macportsTim Johnson11 Oct