List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:October 9 2011 9:08am
Subject:Re: Socket not found
View as plain text

Am 09.10.2011 11:00, schrieb javad bakhshi:
> Hi,
>
> I had the same problem recently restart the server so it can create your socket
> again and it should be all right

/tmp/ is a really bad location because tmpwatch is killing old files there
and a mysqld usually runs for weeks - no idea why this is the upstream
default and why mysqld does not recognize this and restore the file

fedora is using /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock as configure-option and all
applications like php, dbmail... are also compiled fpr this location

Socket not foundPeter Schrock9 Oct
  • Re:Socket not foundAndrew Moore9 Oct
    • Re: Socket not foundjavad bakhshi9 Oct
      • Re: Socket not foundReindl Harald9 Oct