List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Schrock Date:October 9 2011 8:21am
Subject:Socket not found
View as plain text
I just loaded and built three different versions of mysql and all three
versions have given me the same results. When trying to change the password
to root, this is what I get:

./mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock'
(2)'
Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/tmp/mysql.sock' exists!

Help please.

Peter

Thread
Socket not foundPeter Schrock9 Oct
  • Re:Socket not foundAndrew Moore9 Oct
    • Re: Socket not foundjavad bakhshi9 Oct
      • Re: Socket not foundReindl Harald9 Oct