List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:RenĂ© Fournier Date:October 8 2011 2:41am
Subject:MySQL anemic GIS support
View as plain text
Anyone have any idea on if/when MySQL will get real GIS support?

	http://mysqldbnews.blogspot.com/2007/10/does-mysql-gis-make-grade.html

…is what I'm referring to. Specifically, the factor that many functions are quietly
replaced with MBRContains(). This makes it, for example, not possible to determine with
certainty (in SQL) if a point lies within a non-rectangular polygon.

I ask because I'm looking at moving a big part of our applications to Postgresql, and,
well, I'd rather not have to.

…Rene
Thread
MySQL anemic GIS supportRenĂ© Fournier8 Oct
  • Re: MySQL anemic GIS supportMichael Dykman8 Oct