List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vivek Khera Date:December 31 1999 6:13pm
Subject:Re: Clients can't connect...
View as plain text

DDH> I am running FreeBSD 3.1-RELEASE, kinda updated to 3.3-CURRENT.  I do
DDH> use the MIT threads, and I am using the ports directory for mysql.  It
DDH> builds with no errors, and I can start the daemon up with
DDH> .../safe_mysqld just fine.  The problem is that I cannot connect to the
DDH> server, no /tmp/mysql.sock.  It is never created.  I have both
DDH> /etc/my.cnf and a ~/.my.cnf which explicitly list the socket at
DDH> /tmp/mysql.sock, but it is never being created.  Any ideas?

MIT pthreads do not support the named pipe/socket connection.  You
must use a TCP socket.  This is documented with MIT pthreads.
Thread
Clients can't connect...Jim Canfield31 Dec
  • Re: Clients can't connect...Sasha Pachev31 Dec
    • Re: Clients can't connect...Don Duck Harper31 Dec
      • Re: Clients can't connect...Vivek Khera31 Dec