List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Adam Spiers Date:October 6 2011 4:40pm
Subject:mysqldiff resurrected and 0.43 released
View as plain text
Hi all,

After a very long hiatus from maintainership (several years), I have
finally released a new version of MySQL-Diff, the CPAN module suite
which also contains mysqldiff, a CLI-based frontend tool for comparing
the table schema of a pair of MySQL databases.  Its output is a
sequence of MySQL statements (CREATE/ALTER/DROP TABLE/COLUMN etc.),
which if applied to the first database of the pair, will make its
schema match that of the second.

The web page is here:

    http://adamspiers.org/computing/mysqldiff/

and the manual page is here:

    http://search.cpan.org/dist/MySQL-Diff/bin/mysqldiff

There are still a few open bugs in the tracker which need ironing out,
mostly due to the evolution of MySQL itself since I first wrote this
utility in 2000.  Nevertheless I hope that some of you will already be
able to benefit from the new life I'm trying to breathe into this
little project.  github forks are of course welcome too ;-)

Cheers,
Adam
Thread
mysqldiff resurrected and 0.43 releasedAdam Spiers6 Oct
  • Re: mysqldiff resurrected and 0.43 releasedRik Wasmus7 Oct