List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:October 4 2011 9:27pm
Subject:Re: Variables in stored procedure
View as plain text
On 10/4/2011 4:20 PM, Adam Gerson wrote:
> I am getting the error that "TABLENAME" does not exist. How do I get
> it to substitute the value stored in TABLENAME, and not the literal
> string?

See the manual page for PREPARE.

PB

-----

> begin
>
> declare v_max int unsigned default 1;
> declare v_counter int unsigned default 21;
> declare TABLENAME text;
>
>   start transaction;
>   while v_counter <= v_max do
>     SET TABLENAME = CONCAT('wp_',v_counter, '_options');
>     INSERT INTO TABLENAME VALUES ('309', '0', 'statpress_mincap',
> 'edit_posts', 'yes');
>     set v_counter=v_counter+1;
>   end while;
>   commit;
> END
>

> Thanks,
> Adam

Thread
Variables in stored procedureAdam Gerson4 Oct
  • Re: Variables in stored procedurePeter Brawley4 Oct
  • Re: Variables in stored procedureluiz rodrigo mottin4 Oct
    • Re: Variables in stored procedureAdam Gerson5 Oct
Re: Variables in stored procedureluiz rodrigo mottin5 Oct