List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:October 4 2011 1:17pm
Subject:A tidbit for those of us who want to play with InnoDB compression
View as plain text
As noted in the title, I'm messing about a bit with InnoDB compressed tables. As such, I
found a rather glaring hole in the Internet: how the hell do you turn compression off
again? :-D

After messing about a lot and googling until my fingers hurt, I happened upon this bug
report: http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=56628

So, you turn compression on a table off by:

set session innodb_strict_mode=off;
alter table YOURTABLEHERE engine=InnoDB row_format=compact key_block_size=0;

Of course, if you're running 5.1.55+ or 5.5.9+, you'll not need to tinker with your
innodb_strict_mode ; but it's still a glaring hole in the documentation.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Thread
A tidbit for those of us who want to play with InnoDB compressionJohan De Meersman4 Oct
  • Re: A tidbit for those of us who want to play with InnoDB compressionAndrew Moore4 Oct