List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:October 3 2011 10:01pm
Subject:Re: How MyISAM handle auto_increment
View as plain text
At 04:46 PM 10/3/2011, you wrote:
>Hi, Folks: I have questions regarding how MyISAM handles
>auto_increment clolumn? 1. is there a auto_increment counter for
>MyISAM to assign a new value to auto_increment columns?

Yes

>   2. if MyISAM has the counter, is the counter stored in memory or
> disk? Thnaks

It is stored with the table definition.  It is only reset to 0 when
the table is (re)created. You can get the last AutoInc for the record
that was just added by "Select Last_Insert_Id()". See
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/example-auto-increment.html

Mike

Thread
How MyISAM handle auto_incrementAngela liu3 Oct
  • Re: How MyISAM handle auto_incrementReindl Harald3 Oct
    • Re: How MyISAM handle auto_incrementLucio Chiappetti5 Oct
  • Re: How MyISAM handle auto_incrementmos4 Oct
  • Re: How MyISAM handle auto_incrementAngela liu4 Oct
    • Re: How MyISAM handle auto_incrementmos4 Oct
RE: How MyISAM handle auto_incrementLucio Chiappetti6 Oct
  • RE: How MyISAM handle auto_incrementJerry Schwartz7 Oct