List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dhaval Jaiswal Date:October 2 2011 8:10pm
Subject:how to shrink ibdata1
View as plain text
Hi All,

How to shrink the Mysql ibdata1 files.

The actual size of database is only hardly 10G, but ibdata1 is showing 73G
full. I did some googling and found the following procedure.

    Do a mysqldump of all databases, procedures, triggers etc
    Drop all databases
    Stop mysql
    Delete ibdata1 and ib_log files
    Start mysql
    Restore from dump

When you start MySQL in step 5 the ibdata1 and ib-log files will be
recreated.

Is this the only option with mysql? Can't we update the statistics of
database & reduce the file size.

I am currently using 5.0.X.

Dhaval Jaiswal

Thread
how to shrink ibdata1Dhaval Jaiswal2 Oct
  • Re: how to shrink ibdata1Reindl Harald2 Oct
    • Re: how to shrink ibdata1Dhaval Jaiswal2 Oct
      • Re: how to shrink ibdata1Reindl Harald2 Oct
        • Re: how to shrink ibdata1Dhaval Jaiswal2 Oct
    • Re: how to shrink ibdata1Adarsh Sharma3 Oct
      • Re: how to shrink ibdata1Andrew Moore3 Oct