List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:(Hal Date:October 1 2011 12:08pm
Subject:Re: Quantity of time from difference of two Datetime values?
View as plain text
Okay, I've reviewed the online man page for date and time functions, and I've played with
several likely candidates, and I am still having trouble subtracting two arbitrary
Datetimes to get something that is useful. A simple subtraction yields the least useful
thing possible: a modulo-100 difference of modulo-60 quantities. Other functions yield
the proper answer, but not for a quantity of time that rolls over midnight, etc.
<<<<<<<<
You mean timestamps that are less than a full day apart?

"TIMESTAMPDIFF(SECOND, ...)" does not work for you? There is also "TO_SECONDS".

Thread
Quantity of time from difference of two Datetime values?Jan Steinman1 Oct
  • Re: Quantity of time from difference of two Datetime values?Hank1 Oct
    • Re: Quantity of time from difference of two Datetime values?Jan Steinman2 Oct
  • Re: Quantity of time from difference of two Datetime values?hsv1 Oct