List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Boros Date:September 30 2011 9:57am
Subject:Re: replication between two tables in same database
View as plain text
You can do this by initially copying the table and setting up triggers
to refresh new data. Looks like you are not looking for replication, but
you are calling it replication. Having 2 tables in a database with the
same content and different indexes/storage engines/partitioning is
totally possible. For the fulltext problem, sphinx is the better
solution.

Peter

On Thu, 2011-09-29 at 22:59 +0100, Tompkins Neil wrote:
> I've now just upgraded to MySQL 5.6 on our test server.  Just trying to find
> a date as to when it will go into production
>
> On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 8:10 PM, mos <mos99@stripped> wrote:
>
> > Derek is right. The Sphynx search engine is much faster than MyISAM's full
> > text search engine. It will work on InnoDb tables so you don't have to
> > export the data to MyISAM.
> >
> > Mike
> >
> > At 01:43 PM 9/29/2011, you wrote:
> >
> >> But I could create an additional myisam table to overcome my problem
> >> providing I can get the data to synchronise between the two tables

> that
> >> does not need Innodb tables.  In addition for
> -
> >> so for our project Like %% is not enough.

> <h.reindl@stripped<mailto:

> two
> >> tables.

> keys in
> >> short
> searching
> >> which Innodb

> that I wish to
> FULLTEXT searching
> >> on
> I do it.

> need
> currently not

> database/table so there
> >> is
> script and
> >> copy

> Harald
> <tel:%2B43%20%281%29%20595%**203999%2033>, m:
> >> +43 (676) 40 221 40
> >> >>>>
> http://www.thelounge.net/**signature.asc.what.htm<http://www.thelounge.net/signature.asc.what.htm>

> <tel:%2B43%20%281%29%20595%**203999%2033>,
> >> m: +43 (676) 40 221 40
> >> >>

> http://www.thelounge.net/**signature.asc.what.htm<http://www.thelounge.net/signature.asc.what.htm>

> http://www.thelounge.net/**signature.asc.what.htm<http://www.thelounge.net/signature.asc.what.htm>
> >> >

> >> --
> http://lists.mysql.com/mysql?**unsub=mos99@ style="color:#666">stripped<http://lists.mysql.com/mysql?unsub=1
> >>

> > --

replication between two tables in same databaseTompkins Neil29 Sep
  • Re: replication between two tables in same databaseReindl Harald29 Sep
  • Re: replication between two tables in same databaseJim Moseby29 Sep
Re: replication between two tables in same databaseTompkins Neil29 Sep
  • Re: replication between two tables in same databaseReindl Harald29 Sep
    • Re: replication between two tables in same databaseTompkins Neil29 Sep
      • Re: replication between two tables in same databaseReindl Harald29 Sep
        • Re: replication between two tables in same databaseNeil Tompkins29 Sep
          • Re: replication between two tables in same databasemos29 Sep
  • Re: replication between two tables in same databaseDerek Downey29 Sep
    • Re: replication between two tables in same databaseAnupam Karmarkar3 Oct
Re: replication between two tables in same databaseNeil Tompkins29 Sep
Re: replication between two tables in same databaseNeil Tompkins29 Sep
Re: replication between two tables in same databaseTompkins Neil29 Sep
  • Re: replication between two tables in same databasePeter Boros30 Sep