List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Neil Tompkins Date:September 29 2011 7:27pm
Subject:Re: replication between two tables in same database
View as plain text
Am thinking now that it might be best to use MySQL 5.6 as this is a new project still in
development and we will have the new FullText Search with Innodb

On 29 Sep 2011, at 18:43, Andrew Moore <eroomydna@stripped> wrote:

> Hey Neil, I read your question too quickly and jumped to the conclusion you weren't
> sure MyISAM replicates in a mixed storage engine environment. However, you could still
> potentially replicate the data using standard replication and even on the same server
> (different instances).
>
> InstanceA ---------------------------> InstanceB
> MyISAM                                   InnoDB
>
> You could use Triggers but be careful if you decide to do that because triggers and
> replication don't play well together in some circumstances.
>
> As a side note and something that was already mentioned to you, MySQL are working on
> 5.6 and as part of that release InnoDB will have it's own implementation of FT indexing.
>
> HTH
>
> Andy
>
> On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 6:00 PM, Tompkins Neil <neil.tompkins@stripped>
> wrote:
> Can you give me any pointers ?
>

> On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 5:59 PM, Andrew Moore <eroomydna@stripped> wrote:
> Hey Neil, it sure is possible through standard replication configuration.
>
> Hth Andy
>
> On Sep 29, 2011 5:57 PM, "Tompkins Neil" <neil.tompkins@stripped> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I've a Innodb and MyISAM table in the SAME database that I wish to replicate
> > the data between the two because I need to use FULLTEXT searching on
> > the MyISAM table. Is this possible ? If so how do I do it.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Neil

Thread
replication between two tables in same databaseTompkins Neil29 Sep
  • Re: replication between two tables in same databaseReindl Harald29 Sep
  • Re: replication between two tables in same databaseJim Moseby29 Sep
Re: replication between two tables in same databaseTompkins Neil29 Sep
  • Re: replication between two tables in same databaseReindl Harald29 Sep
    • Re: replication between two tables in same databaseTompkins Neil29 Sep
      • Re: replication between two tables in same databaseReindl Harald29 Sep
        • Re: replication between two tables in same databaseNeil Tompkins29 Sep
          • Re: replication between two tables in same databasemos29 Sep
  • Re: replication between two tables in same databaseDerek Downey29 Sep
    • Re: replication between two tables in same databaseAnupam Karmarkar3 Oct
Re: replication between two tables in same databaseNeil Tompkins29 Sep
Re: replication between two tables in same databaseNeil Tompkins29 Sep
Re: replication between two tables in same databaseTompkins Neil29 Sep
  • Re: replication between two tables in same databasePeter Boros30 Sep