List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tompkins Neil Date:September 29 2011 5:07pm
Subject:Re: replication between two tables in same database
View as plain text
Yes, unless I can set-up some sort of replication between the two tables.

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 6:05 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@stripped>wrote:

>  please do NOT post off-list!
>
> so your only workaround is like '%whatever%' currently
>
> Am 29.09.2011 19:04, schrieb Tompkins Neil:
> The reason I'm using Innodb is because the usage of foreign keys in short
> however, we need a couple of the tables to support FULLTEXT searching which Innodb
> does not support.
>

> On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 6:01 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@stripped>wrote:
>

>> Am 29.09.2011 18:56, schrieb Tompkins Neil:
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > I've a Innodb and MyISAM table in the SAME database that I wish to
>> replicate
>> > the data between the two because I need to use FULLTEXT searching on
>> > the MyISAM table.  Is this possible ? If so how do I do it.
>>
>> in short: no
>>
>> in longer:
>> why in the world are you using the wrong engine if you need
>> fulltext-search?
>> mysql 5.6 semmes to start support this in innodb, but currently not
>>
>> replication is based on binlogs and contains database/table so there is
>> no dirty trick do this on one server except let run a script and copy
>> the table-contents per cronjob
>>

> --
>
> Mit besten Grüßen, Reindl Harald
> the lounge interactive design GmbH
> A-1060 Vienna, Hofmühlgasse 17
> CTO / software-development / cms-solutions
> p: +43 (1) 595 3999 33, m: +43 (676) 40 221 40
> icq: 154546673, http://www.thelounge.net/
> http://www.thelounge.net/signature.asc.what.htm

Thread
replication between two tables in same databaseTompkins Neil29 Sep
  • Re: replication between two tables in same databaseReindl Harald29 Sep
  • Re: replication between two tables in same databaseJim Moseby29 Sep
Re: replication between two tables in same databaseTompkins Neil29 Sep
  • Re: replication between two tables in same databaseReindl Harald29 Sep
    • Re: replication between two tables in same databaseTompkins Neil29 Sep
      • Re: replication between two tables in same databaseReindl Harald29 Sep
        • Re: replication between two tables in same databaseNeil Tompkins29 Sep
          • Re: replication between two tables in same databasemos29 Sep
  • Re: replication between two tables in same databaseDerek Downey29 Sep
    • Re: replication between two tables in same databaseAnupam Karmarkar3 Oct
Re: replication between two tables in same databaseNeil Tompkins29 Sep
Re: replication between two tables in same databaseNeil Tompkins29 Sep
Re: replication between two tables in same databaseTompkins Neil29 Sep
  • Re: replication between two tables in same databasePeter Boros30 Sep