List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Moseby Date:September 29 2011 3:12pm
Subject:Re: SLOW performance over network
View as plain text
Yeah:

# host 72.30.2.43 /* yahoo.com */
43.2.30.72.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer ir1.fp.vip.sk1.yahoo.com.
# host 10.1.20.97 /* my windows box */
97.20.1.10.in-addr.arpa has no PTR record

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 7:12 AM, Jim Moseby <JMoseby@stripped> wrote:
> I still use the old MySQL Administrator GUI on my windows box.  A simple 'select *
> from tablename'  that would return only three records takes just over a minute to return
> (although it says '3 records returned in 0.0086 seconds' at the bottom).  I have many ODBC
> clients accessing this server as well, they all have slowness problems too.
>
> I'm stumped.  What could possibly be causing this issue?

Wild Guess: Does DNS resolution, especially reverse dns resolution,
still work on the mysql server?

..Todd

--
If Americans could eliminate sugary beverages, potatoes, white bread,
pasta, white rice and sugary snacks, we would wipe out almost all the

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This message is directed to and is for the use of the above-noted
addressee only, and its contents may be legally privileged or confidential.  If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
distribution, dissemination, or copy of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this message in error, please delete it immediately and notify the sender.  This
message is not intended to be an electronic signature nor to constitute an agreement of
any kind under applicable law unless otherwise expressly indicated herein.

Thread
SLOW performance over networkJim Moseby29 Sep
  • Re: SLOW performance over networkTodd Lyons29 Sep
    • Re: SLOW performance over networkJim Moseby29 Sep
      • Re: SLOW performance over networkJohnny Withers30 Sep